A Fresh Start
Happy New Year lovely people!
Hope your 2019 is off to a great start. I myself have had an absolute blast so far – helped greatly by the fact that it’s my birthday!!
As each birthday rolls around I find myself getting more and more excited about what the next chapter has in store for me. Plus I always start my New Year’s resolutions on my birthday (mostly because it gives me one extra week to slack lol!) I am literally the QUEEN of resolutions – I do them every year…sometimes several times a year (*hides face* what can I say, I’m super-passionate about personal development)
Anyway, we’re off to a fresh start and I’ve been thinking a lot about what I want to achieve this year. On each birthday I tend to pick a word or phrase that describes my intention for the following 12 months. So for example, 2018 was the year of “Bold”.
2019 for me is the year of “Growth” and my resolutions mostly reflect that. Some of my resolutions are:
- Take a formal photography course
- Dance more! (take at least one dance class a month)
- Live boldly (seize opportunities as they come – if it scares you, do it)
- Build my strength and flexibility (work out at least twice a week and do ten minutes of yoga every day)
- Make more of an effort to be open and connect with new people
Something else I’ve started doing is being more bold with colour. If you’ve seen my Instagram you’ll know that orange is the colour of the season and I’m absolutely loving it!
What is on your list of New Year’s (or if you’re like me, birthday) resolutions list?